View from Bainbridge Ferry Shaun and I have been trying to enjoy the last bit of summer weather before we go into hibernation for the winter. It always seems like winter comes close on the heels of autumn, so I'm already bracing myself for the shock of cold and rain. Shaun has a 3-week break between summer and autumn quarter, so we've been taking advantage of it by going on a 1 night backpacking trip to Mt Rainier last weekend, and a short bike trip around Bainbridge Island this weekend. Here's some pictures and details from our peregrinations! Mt Rainier Backpacking Trip The backpacking trip was awesome. We drove to the Longmire entrance near Paradise, in the southwest corner of the park. I'd never been to Mt Rainier before, and it had been years since Shaun's last trip. On Saturday, the sky was partly cloudy and the air was a bit chilly, around 50 degrees. We set out in the brisk morning air, hiking along the Wonderland Trail from Longmire to Pyramid Cree...
Now that I'm a "seasoned professional," I'd like to share the baby gear and other tips and tricks that I've learned during my seven-month-long reign as Queen Mom. :-) Much of the advice I learned from my family and friends and others who have been a tremendous help. When I was pregnant, I spent a lot of time researching and asking for advice on all the things related to baby gear, etc. Now I'm just writing it all down in hopes that this advice will help other new moms! And maybe in a few more months or a year I'll share my tips after I've entered the "I don't negotiate with terrorists" phase of mothering a toddler. Things to Purchase New I got a kick out of the BuyBuyBaby pamphlet at my doctor's office that listed all the "must-haves" I needed to purchase from them in order to be a good mother. Ha! There's a surprisingly small number of things you need to purchase new for your baby. One of the things I've learn...