Enjoying the End of Summer and Welcoming Fall

I've got a poem published on Autumn Sky Daily! It's called "Dear Halloween Night" and you can read it here: http://autumnskypoetrydaily.com/2015/09/24/dear-halloween-night-by-kaitlin-mcmichael/

Even though I wrote this poem many years ago and haven't touched it since, I finally got around to submitting it to literary magazines this month. It's a poem about autumn and the nostalgia I feel each fall when I remember the autumn seasons of my childhood.

I remember when the poetry professor at Seattle Pacific University, Jennifer Maier, read this poem, she immediately could tell what famous poets I was channeling: Gerard Manley Hopkins, Richard Wilbur, even John Updike. This is the first poem I've gotten published and the first piece of writing other than non-fiction I've gotten published. I hope you enjoy it!

In other news, we've enjoyed the last bits of summer, including lunch with Heather and Ben Maher, and the baby shower for Thor Van Pelt. 






Popular posts from this blog

Mt Rainier Backpacking Trip & Bainbridge Island Bike Trip

The Mom Diaries, Part 1: New Mom Survival Guide

Europe Trip 2016: Part 2, Paris