The Year’s Letters in Review
While my main pursuit has been the elusive and
illustrious teaching degree, in 2015 I somehow had time to revise several
short stories (all with the aid of Kaitlin’s sharp editing eye). I scored the
following publications:
Long Beach (fiction) published in Winter 2015 issue of
Euphony (Chicago)—print
Synopsis—A family in their last days of wholeness go on a
vacation to Long Beach Washington and discover erosions in nature and
themselves.
Coming or Going (fiction) published in Winter 2016 issue of
Gold Man Review (Salem, OR)—print or $2.99 Kindle edition
Synopsis—A homeless man reflects on instability and
mortality.
Synopsis—An awkward job coach contends with his own
disability and the disability of his client, who becomes the target of someone
trying to take advantage.
Synopsis—Shaun review’s a Time Magazine’s top ten book of
2015, The Meursault Investigation—Kamel Daoud’s reply to Albert Camus’ The
Stranger.
Wesley’s Fire (fiction)—published in Winter 2016 issue of
Carrier Pigeon (New York City)—$30, print
Synopsis—Two estranged brothers coping with their father’s
death and recent housing crisis find themselves outrunning a forest fire.
Artist Jeffery Erwin provided original art inspired by the story.
What with student teaching, edTPA and first year teaching, I expect 2016 to be a quiet publishing year, so there will be plenty of time to enjoy these.
My undying gratitude to Kaitlin for her feedback and thorough critique of each story. I couldn't have published these without her. A thank you too to my most loyal readers--Mom and Dad.





