Summer Lovin' with Baby Adam

 This has been a summer I won't easily forget. I had my first child, after all. Adam has been the most wonderful thing to happen to me since I met Shaun. It's been pretty great to wake up each day and sing songs to a smiling kid, take him on walks to show him the world and how it works, and then sing him more songs as we get ready for bed and say goodnight to another beautiful day. Of course, there have been a lot of diapers, tears, late nights and early mornings, and frantic googling for advice. But overall, Shaun and I have been enthralled with our new little guy.

As many of you know, my maternity leave began abruptly, when my doctor said I had to go on bedrest in April. For 3 weeks, I was on bedrest, and then was in the hospital for 3 days before I finally got to meet my baby. If you would like to read a more detailed version of my birth story, you can read it on the website The Birth Story Project.

Some highlights of the summer:
-Picnics and walks to Lincoln Park

-Having so many friends and family come over to help us out when I was first home from the hospital
-Jogging along Alki Beach
-Jogging anywhere, really. It's been great to have my body back!
-"Mommy and Me" yoga
-Baby story time at the library
-Having Adam dedicated at our church, when he was only 6 weeks old!
-Visiting family and my friend Kim in California
-Hanging in the hammock and Joy and Rick's house, not to mention the awesome baby shower the Van Wickles threw for Adam and his cousin Henry!
-Bathtime with Adam
-Adding a bathroom to the garage. It's starting to look pretty spiffy!
-Hanging out in the backyard with Shaun and Adam, and any time he smiles

-Picking cherries from the tree in the backyard on the 4th of July with Paisley
-Any day when I get a decent night's sleep
-Naps!
-Anytime the baby goes down for a nap and stays down, and I feel like I've finally figured this mom thing out :-)

Month 1: 
Month 2:
Month 3:

Popular posts from this blog

Mt Rainier Backpacking Trip & Bainbridge Island Bike Trip

The Mom Diaries, Part 1: New Mom Survival Guide

Europe Trip 2016: Part 2, Paris